Cast of Characters:
-Fudge Cake Mix
-1 stick melted butter
-1 bag soft caramels
-1 can evaporated milk, divided
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 small bag chopped pecans
-1 and a half cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and coat 9 x13 pan with nonstick spray
2. Make brownie batter by mixing cake mix and melted butter with 1 cup of the evaporated milk
3. Spread half of batter into pan and bake for 15 minutes
4. Prepare caramel sauce by putting unwrapped caramels and the rest of the can of evaporated milk in a saucepan on low and stirring until you reach sauce-like consistency.
5. Take brownies out of oven and pour caramel sauce on top.
6. On top of caramel sauce, sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans (I used a small bag of chopped
pecans, but next time I'd definitely add more and maybe even use some whole ones).
7. Dollop the remaining brownie batter on top (I just did 6 or so scoops right on top of the caramel/chocolate/nuts)
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Most likely your toothpick won't come out completely clean since these are gooey by nature. At 30 minutes they should be done. Cook for a little less time if you want them super cake like or longer if you want them crispier.
9. Enjoy! I like mine warm with a glass of milk.
There's are super easy and are so so so delicious!