Every once in a while, I love to do these posts on What I'm Loving Lately. I find that by writing these I keep a closer eye out for little joys all around me. There's something awesome about being aware of how fantastic all sorts of random things are, right?!
1. Almond Lattes: I've been trying to less dairy milk lately and making a latte iced, using almond milk, and some almond flavoring is a new favorite combo of mine. Super refreshing and a great flavor combo!
2. Workin' Moms: The second season of this Netflix show just came out and I can't stop watching! This show is hilarious and relatable. There's also a lot of heart and the season 1 finale gave me all the feels. It can be a bit off color and risque, so fair warning. This show tackles tough topics head on with no holds barred. Even if you're not a "workin' mom," you might still enjoy this comedy.
3. Melissa and Doug Kids Coffee Set: We discovered this cute set at one of our favorite local shops, Honeysuckle Cafe. Hank loves putting the little play pods in the coffee maker. It comes with two mugs, a little spoon, 3 "pods" and the actual coffee maker with buttons and knobs. This gift actually came from the "Vacation Fairy" that we made up on this trip. We told Hank that if he was super awesome on our road trip, the Vacation Fairy would come to our house and leave a present there. We figured as he gets older it'll be a good reward to work for and it helps reduce that post-vacation blah. This is definitely Hank's new favorite toy.
I saw this on Pinterest and love it!!
4. Back To School: Ok, so I'd be lying if I said I was 100% psyched and ready for school to start again...I'm not. I'll get there though! But I am loving all the back to school commercials, supplies in stores, excitement etc. Whether you're a teacher or a parent, I think it's SO critical to have a positive attitude about the start of the new school year. It's an exciting time for a student to embark on a new adventure with a new teacher, classroom, and friends. Long live all the back to school hype, it's something worth getting jazzed about.
5. Hot Toddy Heat Protectant: I use a blow drier and flat iron about 3 times a week (the other days it's dry shampoo's time to shine, ha) and all that heat can be super damaging to my hair. I tried a sample of Dry Bar's Hot Toddy heat protectant and I loved it so much I bought a full size bottle this week. I spray on this stuff after blow drying but before flat ironing. The one issue? It doesn't smell great. It's not an awful smell, but it's not nice either. Eh, I'll take it for some medicine for my dried locks.
6. I haven't had a Crumbl cookie in 3 weeks. I'm taking applications if you'd like to be in my celebratory parade. Don't at me that I've been out of town the past 2 weeks, mmmkay? I miiiight need to break that streak as a post summer treat.