It's been a minute since I've done a recipe post here at This Sunday Kinda Love and I have a great summery dinner to share with you today. I got the inspiration for this recipe from Home Front magazine a few months ago, made a few tweaks, and we've enjoyed it a few times already!
Honey Citrus Chicken Bowls
Cast of Characters:
-Broccoli (frozen or fresh)
-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced in cubes
-salt and pepper
-2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
-Lemon slices and green onion to garnish (optional)
Honey Lemon Glaze--
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-1/2 cup pineapple juice (I just use the juice from a can of pineapple chunks)
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-the zest of 1/2 a lemon
-1/3 cup honey
-2 tbs. soy sauce
-1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
-1 tsp. grated ginger
2 tsp. minced garlic
-1 tsp. corn starch
1. Make your rice and set aside. I like the brown rice that boils in the bag.
2. Prepare your broccoli and set aside. I buy frozen and microwave it. Easy peasy.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to hot skillet coated with olive oil. Cook about 5 minutes until chicken cubes are cooked through. Set aside. I usually drain mine on paper towels.
4. Add all glaze ingredients to sauce pan, whisk together, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until mixture thickens.
5. Pour glaze on the chicken and toss to coat.
6. To serve, put glazed chicken on top of rice and broccoli. Garnish with lemon slices and/or green onion.
This is a quick dish to put together and the leftovers store really nicely!
Savor Your Sparkle,