Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Day In The Life

It's been a long time since I've done a day in the life post! If you want to check out past editions, click on the "day in the life" category to the side and you can see the old ones.

I tried my best to document the whole day. These are so fun to look back on. Enjoy my Monday!

I wake up at 6:00 and hang out in bed for ten minutes or so checking my email and trying to wake up fully! I finally hop out of bed with the urge to puke....which I do. It's clear I need to eat something so while I used to get all ready and have breakfast before heading out the door, now I eat first to keep the nausea at bay. On my way downstairs, I catch AJ leaving for work. Yes, he really does leave most days around 6:30-ish. Here he is with his new "grading tote" that I think looks like he's carrying a refrigerated heart or something!
 I have one of my fave breakfasts: orange juice and oatmeal with peanut butter, raisins, and cinnamon. I surf the web while I eat (and baby is jumping around this whole time!) and go get upstairs to get ready a little before 7. I make the bed before I get ready and watch 90 Day Fiancee as I finish off my hair and makeup.

That gray monstrosity is my beloved pregnancy pillow and we rolled our rug up because darling hubby didn't want me tripping on it during one of my many many many middle of the night bathroom visits.  

I try and make it out of the house by 7:45 and today I made it with a few minutes to spare. My drive takes about 15 minutes. And for my friends who think there is no life West of State Street or South of 21st, I present to you Mountain View Corridor! So far this road is pretty traffic-free and I hope even with new development it sort of stays that way.

I arrive to school and check my email and get ready for the day. I have been on the hunt for some cute signs to label my seasonal books and found these cute ones. I go through some of my November curriculum files to pull out things to ask my teammates if they'd like. I try and do copies/curriculum about a month or so ahead (some years I'm better at that than others!). About an hour later, I head outside to bring my class in. The morning goes by quickly with Weekend in Review, phonics cards, a math lesson, and snack time.

 Before I know it, it's 10:30 and time for recess. I don't have recess duty today (yahoo!) so I munch on some banana bread I made yesterday, get some papers organized for the week, and get Centers set up.

During Centers I have a parent helper which is really nice. I worked on some phonics skills with some groups and in another group we finished making their "Sentence Buddies," aren't they so cute?
Finally it's time for lunch. I eat with my team and we chat about our weekends and submit the copy requests for the November items I pulled in the morning.
The afternoon is a blur of me getting formally observed during a shared reading lesson (one of four for the year) and we had a healthy choices assembly for Red Ribbon week that was really cute. At this point there was about an hour left in the school day and we worked on a spelling worksheet and handwriting. The last ten minutes of the day we worked on our Christmas songs for the program.

After school I made some copies, organized some papers, got ready for Tuesday and was out the door around 4:15. I stopped by the dry cleaners on the way home to drop off AJ's shirts (we normally take them every 3 weeks or so). At this point I'm pretty hungry so I reach for my go-to snack: Triscuits and hummus. I get in my fully comfy zone: sweatpants, face mask on, contacts out, and chill for 30 minutes finishing the 90 Day Fiancee I started this morning. I then put together our lunches for Tuesday and start working on Wednesday's "Workin It Wednesday" blog post. AJ gets home from the gym around 6:00 and we eat dinner (leftover steak fajitas from last night). We both clean up the kitchen and AJ sets about doing some lesson planning and I head upstairs.

I ended up talking on the phone to one of my college pals for an hour or so (oh how I love reconnecting with girlfriends and picking up right where we left off).

Around 8:00 AJ and I head into baby's room to take some measurements and online shop for a wall decal. We price them out and end up deciding on and ordering one. Yay! I can't wait for it to arrive. It'll look so cute on the wall above the crib.

After that I wanted to update some frames in our house so I ordered some new photo prints last week and finally put them in the frame tonight.

Finally, at 8:30, I curled up with a bowl of Halo Top and some TV By 9:00, I was upstairs reading and ready for bed. Whew! A fun Monday. Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment